How to test headphones in Windows
As part of this article, we will describe how you can quickly check sound in your headphones using various tools.
1. Test headphones online
The fastest, most universal and efficient way is to use an online service. How to do this, we described in this article.
2. Standard tools
You can test sound in your headphones using Settings in Windows. There are two ways to open the required menu:
Click on Start menu, which is located in the lower left corner of screen, and select Settings, as we have shown in the screenshot.
In the opened window, click on System category and then select, on the left side of list, the Sound tab.
As an alternative, right-click on sound icon, which is located in the lower right corner of screen and select Open Sound settings.
Then refer to Manage Audio Devices.
Select the output device you are using and click the Test button.
If sound output is working correctly, you should hear a special sound.
3. Left-right stereo test
For test each channel separately, go back to the Sound settings window and select Sound Control panel.
In the opened window, right-click on required audio output device and click Test.
You should hear a special sound play on left and then right channel.
4. Realtek manager
With this panel, you also can check sound output and test each audio channel in headphones separately.
There are several ways to open this manager:
- Type "realtek" in search bar, which is located in the lower left corner of screen.
Select one you want from search results.
- If there is no search bar, open Start menu and in list of applications on the left, find required manager. The list is sorted alphabetically. In screenshot below, we have shown what the end result might look like.
In the opened Realtek window, select Headphones tab.
To start testing, click on Play button, which we marked in the screenshot.
If headphones are working correctly, you will hear sound in left and right channels in turn.
To make sure there is sound in headphones in the program you need:
- Open Skype
- In the upper left corner, where name, last name and account balance are located, click on three dots and select Settings, as shown in the screenshot below.
- On the left side of window, select Audio and Video section.
- Scroll down to Speakers. Click on the special Sound Test button.
If you hear a special song, then headphones are working correctly.